Need we say more?
I stumbled across this beauty yesterday while inspiring myself on Pin Interest. Yes, I like to call it inspiring. I had everything the recipe called for but condensed milk – not really a pantry item in this house hold. Butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips? No problem. Condensed milk? I ran to the grocery store. . .
This recipe comes from a great blog – Averie Cooks. She has a ton of other cookie recipes that look equally delicious!
Also, important to note – I made this guy gluten free so I could enjoy, well duh.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashion rolled oats (gf)
- one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions: **Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until edges brown. It will be a gooey mess but will continue to cook in the skillet after you have removed it from the oven.
1. Melt butter in microwave for 1 – 2 minutes in medium glass bowl.
2. Once butter has melted add in egg, vanilla, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl combined flour mix, baking soda, and salt.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet. Mix until just combined. Fold in oats.
5. Grease skillet and place 3/4 of cookie dough mixture into the pan – reserve 1/4 of mixture for step 9.
6. Take another glass bowl and mix together condensed milk and peanut butter.
7. Poor milk/peanut butter mixture over dough in pan. I had about 1/4 cup extra!
8. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and drop in tablespoon sizes the rest of the cookie dough mixture.
Happy Tuesday! :]